Tuesday, June 9, 2015

May 11th

Yea, I don’t know what to tell you, but we will start with today!!  We had a great p-day!  We played cards and soccer..but not much.  One elder made a plate typical in Chile-- complete… basically hot dogs, but with guacamole, tomatoes, ketchup, mayo, and some put on Doritos and it was good!!  My new district is super fun, very different from the last one, but still great!!

I think one of the greatest things about the mission is being able to meet people from all over the world!!  I have, up until this point, had companions from 3 different countries, had people from about 10 different countries and it is always interesting to see and meet people from all of these different countries, learn about different cultures, try different foods, but as much as I love it- it is also very hard-- because of these same things. I know we are with the people we need to be with and with whom we are going to learn and grow...that doesn’t mean it is going to be easy or that we are going to have the greatest time of our lives.  The mission is work, it isn’t a vacation, entonces, and not everything is going to be 100% or even 80% comfortable; that too is one of the great things about the mission, we learn so much, we are pushed out of our comfort zone, into a whole new world, but it is the most amazing thing-- the most amazing and unique opportunity that we have!

I am so grateful for this opportunity, this once-in-a -lifetime chance to serve my Father in Heaven, to be a representative of my Savior, Jesus Christ! I have come to a new appreciation of the Book of Mormon and how much it blesses and guides our lives! I know that we can receive answers to all of our questions, concerns, or doubts. It one of the ways that our Heavenly Father has to communicate with us!! Joseph Smith was an amazing instrument in the hands of our Father to translate the plates. and that it was by the power of the Holy Ghost that he was able to do all that he did and I know that I have the amazing opportunity right now for the next and last 9 months of my mission to continue being an instrument in the hands of my Father-- that it is only through our faith and the spirit that we will be able to find the people that are waiting for us to find them!

Our ZL on Thursday shared this quote with us: “While we are waiting for references from the members, we are contacting references from our Father in Heaven.”  It is so amazing! We are always trying to work more and more with the members, but sometimes they don’t always realize how powerful and important they are in helping the work progress- but they are amazing!!

The branch here is amazing and they are excited and want to help they just don’t always know how to do it, which is where we come in!

I love this work and I know that we are with the people we need to be with, that are going to help us to grow and progress more along the path! I know that if we are obedient in all things we are going to receive all the blessings that our Father has prepared for us. As it says in the scriptures, He will open the windows of heaven and blessings will pour out upon us!!!  Never forget that he has angels all around us! Don’t be afraid to open your mouth and share what you know!! D&C 84:88 
I love this work so much and I am so grateful to be a part of it!! I love you all sooo much and am so grateful for all of your love and support!!
Have an amazing week!!!!!
Love always and forever

KarleeJo

No comments:

Post a Comment